Friday, September 9, 2011

The house is just destined to be a mess in Sept....Sorry honey.


As many of you know, I have a thing for refurbishing furniture. Sometimes that means I have far more furniture than I possibly need. My mom came up with the idea of selling it at the upcoming Michigan Antique Festival in Midland Sept. 24-25. 

 I've been busying myself getting projects together for what I'm calling "Attic Rescue League: giving old stuff new life."
 I found two of these chairs, which I kept in mostly as found condition, though I cleaned them up a bit. I didn't want to cover-up there charming details, which I think have an early-American vibe.
Ugh. I hope I can get enough done to make it worth our time. I'm so glad that my mom came up with the idea. I know it will be hard work, but it will also be fun.  If you are in Michigan, you should consider going to the festival, there are over 1000 vendors and Elephant Ears!

No comments: