Friday, December 17, 2010

My first attempt at a tutorial



I intended to show you all how I turned this man's shirt into a pair of crazy pants for my little man, but ...

But this is as far as my tutorial got...Yikes. I'm so glad their are bloggers out there patient and generous enough to photograph their work and walk us all through them. I'm not sure I'll ever be one of them. Basically, I've put this great tutorial by Lil Blue Boo  for turning an old t-shirt into to toddler pants. I had to tweak it a little bit because my little guy is no longer a toddler, but XL shirts still offer just enough fabric if I incorporate the arms. This project would be much easier for a smaller child.


Here's a contemplative shot with Jack in his pants. Some of you out there might think he's saying "Mom, what am I wearing?" I can assure you he likes this pants. The day I took this picture he put them on all by himself with no prompting from me.
You can be sure Jack will be wearing this outfit come Christmas Day.

2 comments:

amanda said...

so your tutorial wasn't all that great, but the pants turned out well...

and Jack, he looks WAY TOO CUTE in those pictures. I can hardly wait to give him a big squeeze... or at the very least a pinky-high-five

carla said...

Found your blog yesterday and am glad that I did.

Very clever!