Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Flu and it's untold dangers

I recently came down with the flu, which meant I spent a lot of time in bed, looking around at our bedroom and thinking of the things I'd like to change.Starting with the chair beside our bed. I originally got this chair thinking I'd recover it, but once I got it home I realized it went perfectly in our bedroom. The upholstery was in great shape, except for the little arm rest, which seemed like they had been attacked by a cat or perhaps something worse.
Luckily, I found some greenish plaid fabric that did just the trick on the shabby arm rests. The only problem is I decided to do this while I was sick. Sure, I thought I was on the mend. Turns out my brain was still foggy with the flu and I ...

I managed to staple my finger. OUCH! My brain was so foggy that I initially didn't realize what had happened. There was just extreme pain and a staple embedded into my finger. Only upon staring at it for a few seconds did I realize what I had done... I was holding my staple gun upside down. The only thing worse than having a staple go into your finger is pulling that same staple out.

So learn from me. If you're sick stay in bed, rest and get better, that shabby chair isn't going anywhere.

2 comments:

amanda said...

oh sister. is it ok if that made me giggle? I mean, you're ok now, right?

I like those green drapes in your bedroom.

TLC said...

You poor little kid...did you soak that finger in disinfectant? You better!