Friday, November 20, 2009

Chair no more...

Most people who know me, know I like rescuing old chairs, and this one was in need of help.
It was painful, but I hope this chair appreciates the transformation.
I decided it had a higher purpose. I've always thought my fireplace deserved a mantle, so when I found a random mantle cap at the thrift store, I decided it was high time I did something about it, and I sacrificed the old chair on the alter of my hearth!

I used bits and pieces off the chair to create a mantle for my naked fireplace and I'm happy with the results. I may tinker around with it some more... keep my eyes peeled for some other architectural pieces that I can add... maybe some corbels, who knows?


I also have some tile and I'd eventually like to re-tile the hearth, but you know the whirlwind of Christmas is coming. Speaking of Christmas, I can't wait to hang up the stockings.

1 comment:

amanda said...

wilson is standing here, and he has asked me at least 7 times, "is it a real fireplace?" He cannot for the life of him figur eout why there are suitcases in the fireplace if it "is a real fireplace." oh dear.

I love the mantle. Your stockings are going to be so excited to get up there!!!! Good work!