Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Coffee Filter Wreath


My friend ended up with a Sam's Club portion of coffee filters and a coffee maker that didn't use them. "Can you use these?" she asked.
I quickly said yes, because all over the blogosphere I had seen coffee filters turned into beautiful creations, including wreaths. Inspired by the Nester's version, I decided to try to make my own.

I think they are a great ode to winter.  

I also made one for my friend. (I think she liked it.) It's a really easy project. The greatest concern is not burning your fingers on the hot glue. I had no problems with my first wreath, but I got my finger once when working on the second wreath. Not bad odds, considering the number of coffee filters---a gazillion---it takes to make a fluffy wreath.

3 comments:

amanda said...

LOVE them both! they turned out great, sister! the little house is so cute tucked into that one.

have I told you lately that you are awesome?

Yaya said...

Love these...you did a great job....as always!

CSI girl said...

Oh this is fabulous! Love it all!!! I would love for you to link this up to the CSI project this week. The challenge is winter crafts and decor. This is perfect for it.
The link party begins at midnight on Wednesday through Friday!!! You could win the top prize or the great giveaway.
www.thecsiproject.com

Smiles,
Dee, the CSI Girl