Tuesday, September 13, 2011

When two loves meet....


 Do you remember this piece of furniture? I plan to sell it at the Michigan Antique Festival coming up on Sept. 24-25. Well, this piece of furniture hit a bump in the road.


Enter our foster puppy Ya ya, available through 4 Paws Animal Rescue. People who know me know I have a couple of passions in life, one includes reviving junk and the other includes rescuing animals. Sometimes passions are hard to balance.
Puppy meet project. 
Now, I don't want to malign Ya ya, she's a really great puppy and is not overly destructive, but she needs constant supervision...a little like a toddler. Needless to say, this happened when she wasn't being watched carefully enough. 

After I cried, I decided everything is fixable. I just made her chew on the other side so it would have matching corners. 
I jest. I did sand the other side to make it curve a little down too. I also fixed the drawer a little bit better since I had to get the sander out again.
I'm pleased with the results.
And don't worry, puppy and project will never meet again. 
My two loves can coexist as long as I'm watchful.


1 comment:

Sarah, Three Boys said...

Love the map in the back, SOOO cute!