Saturday, October 11, 2008

Another Chair rescue

As always, I forgot to take a before picture of this chair, but let's just say it had seen better days. It was in better shape than its companions, however, who were reluctantly left behind at the Goodwill. (Maybe I'll go back and check on them.) I painted the chair black because, let's face it, stripping furniture with any detail is not a fun job. I also thought black would be good contrast with this dreamy fabric that depicts scenes of Italy.
I'm giving the chair to a friend and I thought she needed a mirror to pair with it, so the search was on. I found this sorry looking number at another Goodwill.
Notice my weak tree pose. (That's about the extent of my Yoga moves.) Now it's as good as new. I added some hooks to the bottom because I think this might end up in an entry way and I thought it might be nice for her to have some extra hooks for scarves and such.

No comments: