Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A chocolate bunny...


Last year I wanted to have a "chocolate" bunny for my front porch basket, but couldn't find anything that could stand up to the weather of a Michigan spring. Thankfully this year I found a great tutorial at Krafty Kat on making "chocolate" bunnies out of canvas, thread and paint --- all items I had. I tweaked it a little and supersized it. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

On to other news, we've welcomed a 6-month-old St. Bernard Mix named Boogie into our family, temporarily. We are fostering him for 4 Paws Animal Rescue. You can find out all about Boogie at Petfinder.com. I know it doesn't work for everyone, but please consider adoption when looking for a new pet, if Boogie is any indication of the caliber of dog you can find in shelters across America, you won't be disappointed.

This is our first time fostering and we couldn't have asked for a sweeter dog. He's big, but he's gentle, sweet and well mannered. He already knows sit, lay down, and shake. I'm hoping to find him his forever home very soon because I don't want to get too attached to this giant sweetheart (more than I already am.)

I haven't upholstered anything lately because Boogie is such a gentle spirit, I don't want to frighten him with the staple gun...but I don't think I can hold out much longer.

I'm linking this to Freckled Laundry's link party.

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Oh, wow- I love it! I like that you made it bigger and I never would've thought to make it for outdoors! Boogie is adorable. I used to work at a vet clinic & we worked with out local shelter frequently and there were some amazing animals there! My hat's off to you for fostering that sweet guy. Thanks for linking up- now following you!

amanda said...

I love the chocolate bunny!

If I lived closer I would make one with the head bit off and replace yours one night as a joke.

If that dog doesn't find a new family within a month, I'm gonna bet you're keeping him. He is cute. Big dogs are the best. But that's just my opinion. ;)