Friday, December 11, 2009

What a whirlwind!

Wow, it's been a whirlwind preparing for my "Favorite Things" party on Sunday.


Preparing gave me the perfect excuse to finish a major project, a belated birthday gift for my dear friend Katie. If you want to see what it use to look like, check out this link http://paddywackdesigns.blogspot.com/2009/09/its-before-now-but.html


I've also been finishing up projects big and small, in case any of my guests (or non-guests) would like to take some rescued chairs off my hands.
Here's just a few:


I like this piece because it fits with Christmas, but I think it can carry you all the way to Valentines...
I was glad to finally wrap up this project too! I picked up this great cabinet at Genesee County's Habitat For Humanity's Restore shop. I then hung it in a dead space in our dining room to give me more room for storage and display. My aunt suggested I build it in, to give me additional room for cookbooks. This was a whole lot of trial and error, but I think it looks pretty good.
I was wishing I had some more Tomboy tools!
If you can't come to the party, but are interested in looking at the tools designed to empower women to tackle dyi projects visit http://www.tomboytools.com/attendees/icannotattend.asp?pid=4080 . Orders should be made by Dec. 13 to count toward my party and to ensure Christmas delivery!
And since I'm out of staples, it's time to tackle the food.






1 comment:

amanda said...

that cabinet looks awesome there! YOU are so good at tackling hard jobs!

I love the JOY piece too.

and Katie's bench. awesome!