It took me awhile before I decided what I wanted to do. I've never really recovered anything like this before, so I was a little hesitant. I decided to tackle it using some nice, but cheap fabric I picked up at St. Vincent Depaul.
I originally going to sew a removable cover for it, but since I'm new to sewing, I made the initial part of the cover a little too small, so I decided to get out my staple gun (otherwise known as my BFF.)
I was able to cover up my staples with a combination of piping and gimp. This was my first attempt at making my own piping. The single piping turned out great, but the double piping not so much.
It's a little wonky, but I'm pretty happy with my first attempt. I have a similar project waiting it's turn in the basement.
Now the real challenge--- finding time for the piles of potential hanging out in the basement.